Today, with the help of Shusski (our ski partner), we bring you some very interesting tips when choosing your ski or snow equipment, so that this winter you can ski like a pro in Grandvalira. And the best thing is that in the hotel Shusski shop you will find everything: all the equipment and expert advice 😃.
How to choose your boots?
To choose your ski or snow boots. It is very important to follow the professional advice you will find in our Shusski shop.
- Keep in mind that they will never be as comfortable as sports footwear as their goal is to transmit energy to the skis or board.
- For this reason your big toes must touch the end of the boot with no discomfort.
- Choose your boots according to your type of foot, depending on whether you it is narrow or wide.
- The trick to know if the size of the boot is correct is: you have to touch the boot with your big toe as we told you before, but when you flex you do not have to toch it anymore. Note that the test must always be done with your boots bucked up.
What do you need know to buy skis that fit you well?
The first thing to keep in mind is that the size will depend on your ski level:
- If you are a beginner we recommend short boards at chin height, as they help you progressing.
- If you have skied sometimes, but do not have an advanced level yet, it is best to choose boards to fit your nose.
- Finally, if you're already an experienced skier, you can use longer boards that will give you more stability at higher speeds.
In the shop you will find many types of skis: from competition to piste, multi-purpose and off-piste skis.
Do you know how to dress yourself for snow sports?
It depends on the temperatures and weather conditions, but dressing in layers is strongly recommended. The colder the weather is, more layers you add. It also depends on the quality of the clothing. That's why wearing the right materials for the activity you're doing is a must:
- First layer: undershirt
- Second layer: a sweater or fleece
- Third layer: a thicker feather fleece
- Last layer: the anorak. It must be waterproof but breathable, i.e. it must evacuate moisture outwards and not allow water to penetrate.
The fabrics must allow perspiration, must not retain moisture so that the skin is always dry and avoid colds. Last tip: never use cotton materials.
Are you considering to rent your ski equipment? What are the benefits?
- You avoid the investment of all the equipment, especially if you are a beginner and still do not know if it is your sport.
- You will travel more comfortably, whether you travel in your own car or by public transport, as you do not have to carry all the equipment from one side to the other.
- You save on maintenance and setup, as the shop will provide everything you need in perfect condition.
- You won't have to find a place at home to store boards, boots, poles and ski clothes.
- You will find the material ready for use one day before you start using it if you wish. The shop is open from 8.30 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- You will be able to try out brands you are not familiar with before deciding on your own team.
And of course you can also buy it, always with the advice of our skiman who will recommend and advise you the best material adapted to your needs.
What can you rent in the shop?
All ski equipment, including boots, poles, helmets, ski and snowboard boards. You can also rent clothes, on request in this case.
You know that we offer all the facilities to make your stay much more comfortable, especially when it comes to skiing and mountain sports. For this reason we also offer you the possibility of purchasing or renting equipment without leaving the hotel.
Do not leave without seeing our offer of ski pass and hotel to start preparing your holidays in the real snow 😉.