Wrap up warm, get your snowshoes on and discover Andorra's snow-covered valleys and lakes. Choose between 1, 2 or 5 hour hikes depending on your ability level and fitness. Or, if you prefer, you can enjoy this fun experience in the ski resorts, on the circuits prepared and equipped for practising snowshoeing in Andorra. If you choose this option, you will need to buy the Natura Pass, which will let you enjoy snowshoeing in all the country's ski resorts: Grandvalira, Ordino Arcalís, Vallnord – Pal Arinsal and Naturland. As you can see, there are options for everyone. Which one is for you?
All you need to try snowshoeing is comfortable warm clothing (or ski clothes), gloves and snow or hiking boots. We also recommend sunglasses and sunscreen. If you choose to experience one of the guided hikes, we will provide you with snowshoes and poles. If you prefer to head out on your own and you don't have the necessary equipment, you can rent it at the Viladomat Signature shop without having to leave the hotel.
If you're still not sure whether to try snowshoeing, here are 10 reasons to help you make up your mind!
1. You can enjoy the snow and beautiful winter scenery without having to ski.
2. It is a very easy activity that is suitable for all ages.
3. No previous experience is necessary. If you can walk, you can do it.
4. You will walk with ease atop the snow, no need to worry about sinking.
5. You will be able to reach and discover places and spots that would be very difficult to access without snowshoes.
6. You will share unique moments with your family, your partner or your friends, as this is an activity that both adults and children can do at the same time.
7. You'll burn calories! Depending on the duration and intensity of the hike, you will be burning 400 to 1,000 calories per hour.
8. You will increase your strength, agility, balance and endurance.
9. You will be in the open air, enjoying nature and discovering incomparable natural spots.
10. You will have a great time with our guides and their anecdotes!
At reception, we can inform you about everything you need to know: prices, timetables and, if you like, we will manage your booking so everything is ready when you arrive at the hotel.
You can do this activity as a family with children aged 6 and over. There are circuits for all ability levels. You can rent snowshoes in children's sizes at the sports shop in Park Piolets MountainHotel & Spa.
Break away from it all in our spa circuit: bubbles, sauna, hammam, water jets, massages...
Your sports shop is at Park Piolets MountainHotel & Spa; there you can buy your equipment to enjoy winter activities in Andorra or rent your snowshoes. Let our specialist staff advise you.