Challenging topography and an extensive network of mountain roads make our country the perfect destination for cycling enthusiasts. After completing the route on your bicycle, you can get it ready for your next adventure in our washing area. Then let it rest in our cycling room and relax as you admire the mountain views from your room or with a sports massage, without ever leaving the hotel.
Andorra has 20 cycle touring routes that cover the entire principality: a total of more than 200 kilometres with legendary mountain passes, but also routes that are accessible to amateur cyclists. All the routes are well signposted with indicators that provide comprehensive information about the total number of kilometres, the level of difficulty, the height of the mountain pass, the elevation gain and details of the cycling events that have passed through that point.
Dare to try some of the most exciting stage finishes of the Tour de France or the Vuelta a España... With a bit of luck you might even cross paths with Joaquim "Purito" Rodríguez on one of his training rides!
Mountain biking – MTB
How would you like to cycle down the same slopes that you ski in the winter? The Vallnord Bikepark is the venue for major sporting events such as the Maxiavalanche Europe Cup and the UCI MTB & Trials World Championship. Launch yourself into the downhill, four cross and woodpark trails or introduce your little ones to the sport in the children's bike park. If you wish, you can also explore places of outstanding natural beauty while you practise your favourite sport by following one of the principality’s more than 20 signposted MTB routes.
The electric bike revolution
The best way to enjoy cycling without needing to be in excellent physical shape. The cycling and MTB routes in Andorra are incredibly beautiful, but also very demanding. If you want to enjoy two wheels without exhausting yourself, electric bikes are the way to go. They will allow you to go on much longer rides and climb more challenging terrain while letting you adjust the effort you put in. Without doubt the best plan for enjoying cycling in Andorra.
Want to discover Andorra on two wheels?
Don't miss the routes we have selected for you:
- Coma de Ransol cycling route, 4.5 km with +280 m of elevation gain
- El Forn cycling route, 5.2 km with +388 m of elevation gain
- Coll d'Ordino cycling route, 8.9 km with +457 m of elevation gain
- Coll de la Gallina cycling route, 12 km with +1,019 m of elevation gain
- Collada de Beixalís cycling route, 6.6 km with +556 m of elevation gain
- Arcalis cycling route, 10.5 km with +724 m of elevation gain
- Port d'Envalira cycling route, 4.9 km y +319 m of elevation gain
- La Rabassa cycling route, de 17.74 km with +1,127 m of elevation gain
- A Cycling Room for you and the comfort of your bike, with an enclosed space to store your bike. Here you will find all the tools you need to tune up your bike, a workbench and a workshop rack so you can repair it and check it before and after each route. Not forgetting the cleaning area, air pumps...
- Our buffet, where you will find everything you need to follow a suitable diet for cycling. If you need a special diet, you can request it from our staff. If you have coeliac disease or lactose intolerance, do not hesitate to let us know. We will prepare alternative foods for you so that you can enjoy our breakfasts and dinners just like the rest of our guests.
- Park Piolets MountainHotel & Spa also offers nutritional advice. Contact us and we will provide you with a dietician to advise you and help you achieve your goals!
- A spa of more than 1.000m2 where you can relax after your outing or enjoy one of our treatments for muscle recovery, physical power and sports performance. Our sports massages, osteopathy and Indiba sessions will help you to quickly recover and tone up your muscles.
- We have electric mountain bikes, road bikes and mountain bikes for hire.
What do we offer you?
Without leaving the hotel, in summer you can rent electric mountain bikes, road bikes and mountain bikes, both for adults and children.
Book your bike (with helmet) now and have it ready when you arrive at the hotel!
Nothing better than relaxing in the waters of our Spa to recover from a day's cycling in Andorra. Complete the experience with one of the sports massages on our menu, ideal for recovering your legs.
The most complete breakfasts await you at the Buffet Restaurant by Andrea Tumbarello. When you arrive, recover your strength with the dishes in our Lounge Bar or get ready to dine again in our buffet restaurant or in Kao Soldeu.